Saturday, July 27, 2013

Purpose

I believe having a life purpose is vital to living a worthwhile, happy life. They give direction and focus to our lives. It is the only way to do great things.

Ever since I was little I knew what my life's purpose was: to help people.  I didn't know how I was going to accomplish that, or which people group I was called to help. But as the days and years have passed God has been showing that to me. This passed year especially has been a time of learning and growing, but also a time of discovery. My life calling: to teach. My life purpose: Isa. 58:6-7. To loose sin's chains, to undo heavy burdens, to break yokes, and most importantly, to "let the oppressed go free." To do this involves more than just reaching their heads. It involves reaching their hearts. It's hard, dirty work. It requires tact and skill, and that I myself be a perfect reflection of God to them. But it is the best work. It is the only work that will truly last. Reaching their heads is not enough, we must reach their hearts. I am in no way qualified for this work, but I know One who is. And with His help, I am learning.

What about you? What is your life's purpose? If you don't already have one, ask God to help you see it. He has a purpose for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment