Thursday, January 2, 2014

As a New Year Begins

Disclaimer: I wrote this post while very tired and without an amazing interest in writing. Also, I'm sorry the picture is such poor quality. 
Another year has began: 2014. 2013 came and went (too fast) just like every other year, but the year itself sure was not like any other! 

There were good times and bad. Days when I knew for a certainty that I was doing the work God had called me to. Days when it was a struggle to believe that. Disappointments. Surprises. Times when I all I could do was ask questions. There were the fights between dreams and reality. Days I didn't want to face. Days I was far too eager to meet. And the lessons and character building through it all - oh, so much!

This year has been a full year both in schedules and in experiences. And I can't say it's over yet. (If you have been wondering why I've hardly written anything over here, that's why.)

But one thing I've learned this year is that every day is a new start, a chance to do better. And this new year I want to take advantage of every new day to begin again. To do better. Be better. As I continue to work for God and for others. 

It hasn't been an easy year, but that's ok. Someday I'll see how it all worked together to make me a better person. And in the meantime I'll thank God for te trials and for the good times, and I'll thank Him for precious gifts He's given. As I think back over the past year, one gift stands out more than the others: wise, caring friends. They have put up with a lot in this past year, and I want to thank them for it. 

As now, to begin a new year.  

"Now unto him that is able to do exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that worketh in us,
"Unto him be glory in the church by Christ Jesus throughout all ages, world without end. Amen." (Eph. 3:20-21).

No comments:

Post a Comment